Saturday, October 1, 2011

Then & Now

An interesting past few months!

My 5 year old son has started kindergarten, already has a girlfriend (that he's kissed behind the tree on recess!) and is excelling at it--both school and the kissing!. Time seems to be flying by at an extremely fast pace...and I dont like it. No more diapers. No more binkies. No more baby food. And...no more baby. Vince is turning into a full-fledged boy, now. My only hope is that he lets me kiss and hug him for a bit longer. Just a few more years?

Bellababy Studio is gaining a bit more recognition this Fall. Just notified I was featured in Vermont Vows magazine for this Fall. Will be receiving a copy in the mail. I didnt even know it was happening so, a nice bonus! I will also be doing Hullabaloo again this November! This will be my 4th or 5th year...i forget!

I'm trying to focus on more formal pieces, (i.e.) bridal, gala/ball, cocktail hats, Kentucky Derby-style hats, burlesque and slowly trying to learn the Millinery trade. I am becoming VERY fond of felt, velvet, feathers, sequins, appliques and Russian netting/tulle...especially the "dotted" kind. Perfecting my style in birdcage and blusher veils has opened a whole new door for me (and you!) to experiment with color, texture, style, size and boldness of formal, photo-prop and ready-to-wear accessories.

Be on the lookout this season for bigger and better pieces themed around the richness of Fall and Winter. Dont you have a Winter Gala to attend? Or maybe a New Years Eve Ball? If so, you know where to find me. I'll be the one covered in feathers and felt sitting next to the sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment