Sunday, March 21, 2010

Let them eat cake!...and socks, and shoes and a couch.

Ok, so i have 3 dogs: Nina (6 yrs), Gus (1 yr) and Maddy (1 yr). Is there such a thing as a perpetual chewer? Nina, our Lab/Pit mix is pretty good. She never chews on anything, very well behaved--execpt for the rather annoying howl she gives off when she is excited! Maybe she thinks she is a wolf of sorts? Owe-woooo! Who knows...but Gus and Maddy are predominately Pits and, as i've come to learn, like to chew on everything in sight. In ONE day they chewed my son's socks, a hacky sack, a floor plant, a foam tennis ball, a small rug and a comforter. Not to mention, Maddy relieved herself of #1 and #2 in my kitchen, she is the Ninja pooper. You never know when she will strike next.

We've tried all kinds of chew toys and bones. The next best thing would be an actual automotive tire! (Trust me, we considered it...) I dont think there has ever been anyone that spent more money on peanut butter. Slathering it on anything that is "chew approved" and stuffing it in Kong balls to keep them busy for maybe 5-10 minutes. And yes, i've tried Apple Bitters spray...Apple Bitters, shmapple bitters. What's a girl to do? I turn my back for one minute and *poof*, there goes my socks. *Poof*, there goes my bra, *poof*, there goes my vacuum cleaner--well, that actually wouldn't be so bad.(I sure would like to get one of those fancy new Dysons!)

So, to keep a record of the pre-meditated K-9 destruction done to my home furnishings, I submit the following photos as evidence...


One of probably ten socks that are no longer...


One knob of the coffee table...


Gus had a hay-day while chewing the door frame, ugh...


This was done today right under my nose, the cushion is missing its stuffing...


...and the stuffings new home--the recycle bin.


Here are the two culprits, apparently chewing all day makes one very sleepy...


Window screens dont hold up to well when jumped upon...


One of many holes I will have to fill with dog poop to deter further digging by Gus...


Converse All-Stars make a delightful after-dinner snack...


Its a good thing she is so cute and...


...Vince loves to sleep with her,(Maddy loves it too)!


And as a bonus: To anyone who thinks Pit Bulls are killers...do these look like killers to you? I didnt think so...


So, among the peanut butter smeared debri of what i think is my home, we have 3 lovable dogs and one little boy who is in love with them all. (Even though they keep eating his toys...)

Don't sweat the small stuff...seriously:)





2 comments: